Saturday, November 7, 2009

Topic 15: Podcasting--Open Post

Podcasting is a great tool that teachers can use in their classroom. Podcasting is where studetns can record their voice and produce whatever the teacher wants them to learn. I have just been trained on how to do this in my classroom, and have tried implementing it this past week. Needlessly to say, I think that this could be a big mistake on my part. While my students are loving creating the podcast, the saving and technology side of this isn't always working the way I want it too.

What my students first had to do was create a story on paper. Once they were done creating the story, they then went into audacity to create their story auditorily. After they were done with their story, they would import music from a free music site and then blend the two together.

While this is what would have happened in a perfect classroom. Short classperiod made this not work as best as I wanted it to. I had to use two class periods, and when students went to open up their product the next day, it created multiple fields that overlapped each other. This was a hassel and our students had to rework their story.

Overall, I think that the assignment can still be salvaged, but it will take some time. What I have learned is that even though we are learning technology, it isn't always going to work, but at least we are trying!

Keep working hard and get a good laugh, becuase at least I am learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment