Saturday, November 7, 2009

Topic 12: Technology Across the Senses

I think that out of the multiple intelligences I am most likely to learn with Verbal/Linguistics. I am a total read-write learner which has been shown at the conference I have been attending for the past three days. I love the fact that I have to write what I learn. I want to see handout and see it in written print so that I can do what I want to with it. I also learn well with Intrapersonal, where as a student I am having to have real life conversations about what I am reading and learning.

I think that I teach best with Verbal/Linguistic, becuase it is the way that I learn the easiest for me becuase I learn that way. I have a poweropint for each presentation that I present to my class, but then students are required to take notes and participate in the discussion (Intrapersonal). I think that as teachers, we teach in the way that we learn. The multiple intelligence that I am trying to focus on more this year though, is kinesthetic becuase that is where my students are this year. Each year, I give the VARK test which allows me to see where my students are at with learning.


For my lesson plan in this course, I am doing a research assignment on topics over WWII. My learning objectives for this project with be:

1. The learner will be able to use a webquest to find information about topics in WWII.

2. The learner will be able to take notes in an digital format.

3. The learner will be able to cite their sources.

4. The learner will be able to organize their thoughts.

5. The learner will be able to find relevant information while searching through websites.


No comments:

Post a Comment